WHAT IS WALKING NETBALL?
WALKING NETBALL IS A MODIFIED VERSION OF NETBALL ADAPTED TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY AND FALLS TO PLAYERS WHILST PROMOTING A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR PLAY!
IT'S FUN, FRIENDSHIP & PARTICIPATION FOR LADIES (18+) WHO MAY BE LESS MOBILE FROM INJURY, ILLNESS OR JUST LIFE’S LONG JOURNEY.
IT’S FOR EVERYONE!
RULES: EVERYONE MUST WALK!
* No running, no jumping anywhere on court
* Players must have one foot in contact with the court at all times
* Players must receive the ball with one foot grounded then may shuffle to regain balance before the ball is passed or shot
* The ball is to be passed within four seconds of receiving
* Defenders must be three feet defending distance from the player with the ball
* Subs can be made after a goal is scored
* 4 x 10 minute quarters
* Sport shoes must be worn
* All jewellery is to be removed
* Fingernails cut short
* Fun is compulsory