WHAT IS WALKING NETBALL?
Walking netball is a modified version of netball adapted to reduce the risk of injury and falls to players whilst promoting a safe environment for play!
It's fun, friendship & participation. Mixed teams (14+) who may be less mobile from injury, illness or just life’s long journey.
It’s for everyone!
RULES: EVERYONE MUST WALK!
* No running, no jumping anywhere on court
* Players must have one foot in contact with the court at all times
* Players must receive the ball with one foot grounded then may shuffle to regain balance before the ball is passed or shot
* The ball is to be passed within four seconds of receiving
* Defenders must be four feet defending distance from the player with the ball
* Subs can be made after a goal is scored
* 4 x 10 minute quarters
* Sport shoes must be worn
* All jewellery is to be removed
* Fingernails cut short
* Fun is compulsory
Ladies and mixed teams welcome
Enquiries and registrations email: firstname.lastname@example.org